Senior Mining Engineer
The Senior Mine Engineer is responsible for overseeing mine planning and scheduling, government reporting, technical evaluation of contract miner, and support for the overall mine operations readiness and ramp-up to steady state production.
Position: Senior Mining Engineer
Status: Full time (100% equivalent)
Start date: September 2022
- Bayan Khundii Project Site (in Shinejinst soum, Bayankhongor aimag)
- Initial period in Ulaanbaatar until mine pre-production commences in mid-2022.
Function at work areas:
- Community Relations
- Permitting and government relations
- Document control
- Oversee survey, mine design, QA/QC, mine planning and scheduling, equipment utilization and incorporation of maintenance strategies into operations plans
- Production reporting of mine physicals, track site KPIs and evaluate opportunities for improvement
- Complete regular audits of site to ensure compliance to standards and look for opportunities to improve efficiencies
- Responsible for the design and as-built layouts of all mine development and services for the mine
- Assist with validating monthly invoices for mining contractor
- Creation and monitoring of site forecasts and budgets for the mine operations
- Provide focused review of site deliverables to ensure completeness, clarity and accuracy, preparation of presentations and reports as required
- Coordinate with mine operations to ensure plan compliance and to minimize disruptions
- Determine the staff members and equipment needed to successfully complete mining operations
- Evaluate and select fit for purpose mining equipment to complete specific mining projects
- Follow health, safety and environmental regulations set forth by the company, national laws and regulations
- Training and supervising of personnel
- Liaising with and advising managerial and technical staffs
- Evaluating models to optimize mining, evaluating factors such as mining method, mining risks, haulage capacity, safety, operational parameters and costs
- Bachelor or higher degree in relevant field, such as mining engineer, geologist or other
- Minimum of 7 years of Mining Engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience managing other technical professionals.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories. Mongolian-Certified professional engineer preferred
- Computer skills and the ability to pick up new software quickly.
- Manage their own workload effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to communicate ideas and recommendations in both written and verbal forms across all levels of the organization
- Excellent time and productivity management skills
- Commitment to maintaining and promoting high standards of the role
- Act as a mentor to other mine technical personnel
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, such as plans, specifications, procedures and manuals